Offset smokers demand a pricey investment and therefore, you need to be careful and have a basic knowledge to ensure that you land the best offset smoker.
Here, we will review the 5 best offset smokers available in the market to help you land an offset smoker that perfectly complements your needs.
I. Top 5 Best Offset Smoker Reviews 2021 :
- 1. Char-Broil Offset Smoker, 30″
- 2. Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro 830 Square Inch Charcoal Grill
- 3. Royal Gourmet CC1830F Charcoal Grill with Offset Smoker
- 4. Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Charcoal Offset Smoker
- 5. Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS-D Offset Charcoal Smoker
1. Char-Broil Offset Smoker, 30″
Char-Broil Offset Smoker is a good option for beginners and small families.
This combination machine comprises of a 477 square inch cooking surface in the firebox and main box chambers, adjustable wire grates, a built-in damper, and an ash clean-out door.
The offset smoker allows indirect cooking through the classic fusion of heat and smoke, and the vaporized flavors in the firebox retain the natural moisture of the meat and infuse a strong, Smokey flavor.
However, you will have to be a little careful with the handling since the exterior paint coating chips off at places.
- Portable and cheap in cost.
- Easy to clean the interiors.
- Very simple and effective design.
- A lot of space in a portable version.
- Takes a lot of time to assemble by a single person.
- The paint of the interiors peels out easily with heat in its very first use.
2. Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro 830 Square Inch Charcoal Grill
For those who prefer a Texan-style barbecue, the Char-Griller 1224 Smokin’ Pro is an ideal choice.
Featuring a high-grade, inversion-coated steel body and detachable charcoal drawers, the smoker allows total control over grill : size, heat and smoke adjustments through efficient thermostat gauge.
It has an easy-dump ash pan to make the cleaning job convenient for you. However, the compilation and assembly might turn out to be a bit of a tedious job.
This smoker is reasonably-priced, keeping in mind its specs and features, and provides great value for money.
- Gets quite nice space to work.
- Easy to work with this smoker.
- Very durable steel body.
- Wheels make it more portable.
- You can face difficulties if you want to smoke your meat slowing and at low temperature.
- The paint on the fire box burns out after the few uses.
3. Royal Gourmet CC1830F Charcoal Grill with Offset Smoker
This offset smoker has more to offer than what meets the eye. It comes with a small workstation, a large cooking chamber, a storage compartment at the bottom, adjustable cooking grates that allow one to cook large roasts and small chunks in tandem.
The huge charcoal chamber can accommodate up to 5 lbs. of meat, and the high-grade thermostats and efficient air vents make it convenient to adjust the heat and smoke variations as per your choice.
However, it has a simple flaw, just like the one in the Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker; the paint is prone to chipping off and therefore, will require a bit of maintenance.
- Big storage for the charcoal.
- Gets hot in very few minutes.
- Side door gives an ease to refill charcoal.
- Plenty of preparing and working space in front.
- Can check out the exact temperature on the thermometer.
- The screws don’t fit the parts and it takes very long time to assemble the grill by your own.
- The paint starts to peel off from very first use and you need to do some modifications to keep heat.
4. Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Charcoal Offset Smoker
Featuring 6 separate heavy-duty wire grates, a porcelain-enameled charcoal box for easy cleaning, convenient assembly, and a self-grease management system, Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Charcoal Offset Smoker is a good choice for large family.
It has a stygian steel body with high-inverse powder coating and 1176 square inches of cooking space.
The 6 metallic cooking grates, each with a capacity of 25 lbs., allow you to cook 6 different delicacies at a time.
The cooking grates are adjustable and the smart temperature gauge removes the hassle of meddling with the heat setting. Adding a water drip pan makes it a complete and perfect offset smoker package for household use
- A wide space on the deck for cooking different varieties.
- Very easy to use and setup.
- Easily cleanable body.
- Heavy duty steel body.
- Needs a lot of charcoal to keep it running.
- Sometimes it drops down the temperature because it loses much steam from it.
5. Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS-D Offset Charcoal Smoker
The design and specifications of the Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS-D are inspired from the standard Texan Oil-field smoker which allows great variation in terms of intense and subtle cooking.
It has a high-grade steel construction, 1382 square inches of cooking space, multiple dampers for efficient smoke and heat handling, a firebox, and a side compartment to keep your accessories.
Although it is a great smoker to cook large meals in, you will need to seal it up at the head and at the bottom of the assembly of the firebox and chimney to optimize its smoking capacity.
It is exceptional and the temperature gauge makes it convenient to monitor and manage your preferred cooking temperature.
- Great capacity and design.
- Durable high-grade steel body.
- Easy to use and grill.
- Large wheels for mobility.
- It is an expensive unit than many of the offset smokers but does its work great.
What is the best offset smoker for your home ?
If you are in search of a best offset smoker but you have no idea of what is really to be known about the best smoker and the specs it should contain. Anyways you shouldn’t worry about it as we have provided you with details of the concerning factors which do matter when purchasing the offset smoker for the very first time.
- Material : The way the model is built will always determine if it can last for long or not ? So the important thing you must be sure of is that the smoker is made up with a heavy-gauge steel. It is the most reliable material you need know it. This should keep it from rusting and easily tearing.
- Capacity of the smoker is also a factor to be had a glance at. If you want to amuse many people at a time you will have to look for a capacitive offset smoker as large smoker will have a great capacity to prepare sufficient amount of meat at a time.
- Price : It is obvious that before you are coming to purchase a smoker you have got to have a reasonable budget for the smoker. It will not only help you save your time. It’s very important that you first of all come up with a budget for the smoker. This way, you’ll be able to save time since you won’t consider units that are well beyond or below your budget. In terms of price, units that are well reputed in the market can be found for a little as 200$ or even as much as 5000$ dollars or even more, especially if you go for a custom built model.
- Warranty: It is very important to check out how much warranty different companies offer for their products. Usually the offered warranty is 1 or 2 years but the products that are very expensive and are offered by famous companies may offer a lifetime warranty as well.
- Wheels: In an offset smoker the meat is smoked in a chamber that is usually horizontal in shape. A separate chamber is attached to hold the wooden chunks or charcoal. This is usually termed as firebox. . You will better have an idea of the chambers when you will buy one.Make sure that the chamber holding the burning charcoal is thick enough to retain the heat inside but that will definitely add to the weight of the smoker. So in order to assist you in moving the chamber from one place to another, make sure that it has sturdy legs and wheels attached.
The best offset smoker is …
If you had no idea about which is the best offset smoker to buy, then right now you can make an informed decision. All the mentioned models have been designed to meet the needs of many people looking to enjoy their smoked meat with friends too.
Out of the three, you can always settle for the Char-Griller 1224 Smokin Pro 830 Square Inch Charcoal Grill with Side Fire Box as it comes with many features that just makes it practical.
If you don’t choose a best offset smoker, you can read more here best propane smoker .