If you have not much money to spend on grilling and are wondering whether even the best gas grills under $500 are worthy or not, then this article is for you.
In this post, we will review the most excellent models in under $500 price range as well as give you a buying guide and answers for FAQs. All of them are both in detail and comprehensive.
Then what? You can rely on the knowledge you learn from this article and information on the recommended products to make the right choice.
Now scroll down and find out!
Top 5 best gas grills under $500:
1. Weber 45010001 E-310 Liquid Gas Grill – Best Pick
This Spirit E-310 gas grill works well for any small crowd or a cozy family meal. Put trays, food, and seasonings on the side tables for more convenience while you are grilling burgers, chicken, or steaks for everyone.
All parts are made from premium-quality materials to ensure longevity. Indeed, it rarely needs maintenance or requires users to put much effort in cleaning.
Besides, you can ignite the burners and control the heat of each at ease with the electronic Crossover ignition system, integrated lid thermometer, infinite control burner valves.
There is nothing to complain about this model of Weber. Although it may be rather expensive to some people, the price is still within the $500 range.
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grids distribute and keep even heat.
- Heavy-duty porcelain-enameled cook box and lid are incredibly long-lasting.
- Multiple tool hooks for convenient accessibility to cooking tools.
- The grease management system eases the burden to maintain and clean.
- Robust caster wheels for mobility on many surfaces.
- Electronic Crossover ignition system.
- Convenient use.
- Effortless cleaning and maintenance.
- Even heat distribution.
- A bit expensive.
2. Monument Grills Propane Gas Grills model 13892 – Budget Pick
This stainless steel grill delivers not only a fabulous look but also a top-notch performance on your backyard.
Four independent burners with 72,000 BTUs per hour capacity and the generous 500-square-inch grilling surface ensure your family and friends always have enough grilled food during the party.
In addition, a side burner also allows you to cook some more sub dishes. Therefore, this Monument Grills gas grill can even serve up to a dozen people.
You can assemble the equipment and begin to cook in one hour. It is very simple to exploit all functions of this gas grill.
This is the cheapest product in our list yet yields excellent results, especially appropriate for big parties. Nonetheless, with so many burners and high BTU levels, it may consume fuel like crazy.
- Massive cast-iron grilling surface.
- Porcelain-coated grids for even heat distribution and easy cleanup.
- The porcelain-enameled firebox is robust.
- Warming rack included.
- Powerful side burner.
- Fast and dependable electronic ignition.
- Wide cooking surface area.
- Easy to use.
- Heat up quickly.
- The hood is too light to retain heat.
3. Weber 44010001 E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill Black
Based on professional grilling knowledge and insight into the grilling community, Weber has created an excellent GS4 Grilling System.
For instance, the promising burners can fire up immediately, grill, or smoke infused food consistently. Meanwhile, the grease from meat or cooking oil will be collected in the pan underneath with the grease management system.
Forget the annoying troubles of cleaning up and maintenance. You can enjoy the durability and do not need much time to clean and store after use.
Furthermore, temperature and fuel control are easier than ever with incorporated gauges. Feel assured to use this Weber Spirit II E-210 – model 44010001, you can make great barbecue with the least effort but most marvelous flavor.
Except for the small grilling surface, everything is so perfect that it comes with a 10-year 100% warranty from Weber.
- The Gs4 grilling system offers advanced infinity ignition burners, grease management system, porcelain-enameled Flavorizer Bars.
- Two burners with 450-square-inch grilling space.
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron grilling grids.
- Main burners with fuel gauge can perform at up to 26,500 BTU/h.
- Two large wheels and six tool hooks for ultimate convenience.
- 10-year 100% Weber warranty.
- Smartly-designed grilling system.
- Come with an excellent warranty policy.
- Produce juicy dishes.
- Small grilling surface
4. Solaire Anywhere Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill
The Solaire Anywhere brings about succulent, flavorful grilled dishes for those keen on tailgating, picnics, balconies, camping or boating, etc.
Made from commercial quality stainless steel, this tiny cooking device ensures the toughness to accompany you anywhere. Under the 155-square-inch cooking surface is a honeycomb ceramic infrared burner that can light in seconds solely with a touch of the push-button electronic igniter.
Moreover, the firebox is fully welded instead of using mechanical fasteners, so it hardly falls apart.
Because this is just a mini gas grill for a small family to use on their trips, you should not expect much grilling area as well as high-capacity in this product.
- Portable infrared grill with 61.1 Infrared Intensity Index and electronic push-button ignition.
- 14,000 BTU/hour with 155 square inches of grilling area.
- Commercial-grade stainless steel welded build.
- Bottom rails for mounting a number of Solaire accessories.
- V-shape stainless steel cooking grates improve flavor while preventing flare-ups.
- Portable and ergonomic design.
- Easy for storage and transportation.
- Robust construction.
- The igniter is inactive on too windy and cold days.
- Small cooking area.
- Hard to clean.
5. Napoleon PRO285X-BK TravelQ PRO Gas Grill
From first glance, anyone will realize that this unique gas grill is very versatile and mobile. You can assemble and set up to use or fold down to store it in minutes without any hassle.
The discreet hood helps you ignite the burners easily, even in a windy place, retain heat well, and is high enough for grilling an entire turkey.
Additionally, you can smoke, roast, or sear other foods. Whatever dishes you cook, they are also beautiful and juicy from inside out.
You can move the compact grill with two stable caster wheels on all terrains. Hence, adding more flavor and sparks to your picnic menu is within your hands.
- The scissor-cart design provides portability for tailgating or camping.
- Cast-iron cooking grates supply uniform heat, block food from falling down, and create eye-catchy sear marks.
- Two individual burners offer temperature control for smoking with indirect heat, gentle roasting, or strong searing.
- The height of the cast aluminum lid is sufficient for a whole chicken.
- The windproof design makes sure you can grill in any weather condition.
- Very versatile and mobile.
- Straightforward to use.
- Easy to ignite and distribute heat effectively.
- Poor customer service.
If you don’t choose the best gas grills under $500 on top list, you can see also.
What to consider when choosing to buy a best gas grill under $500
To ensure flexibility and heat management, the minimum number of burners should be two or more.
In most cases, you will love a grilling surface area of approx 400 square inches because smaller sizes are prone to be insufficient.
Nonetheless, the dimensions of the grill should not be too big unless you have a large cooking space and do not need to bring this cooking instrument on your trips.
Although it is not a considerable measurement for your grill’s effectiveness, BTU still has some impacts on gas output and the amount of generated heat. Let’s go for a grill with reasonable BTU to save energy but still provide sufficient heat for your dishes.
Sometimes, sub-features are very critical. For instance, if you often cook vegetables, cakes, or large pieces of meat, a gas grill that supports indirect grilling with a removable top cooking grid and an automatic starter is perfect.
Plus, a propane gauge, a thermometer, wireless temperature monitors, and built-in LED lights also deliver significant advantages.
Meanwhile, several models may allow stovetops to be connected to them so that users can cook with a pan or pot and grilling food concurrently.
And, how about a side burner, a preparation table, and tool hooks? These things will be great for you, so don’t underrate them.
The fuel that it runs on
Given the fact that people looking for gas grills below $500 do not want to pay much for their grilled dishes, the best grills in this price range should not feature massive operational costs.
In the long run, natural gas is cheaper and more convenient for use at home. But in case you require mobility, propane is more suitable.
$500 is not too much but not too little. Anyway, you can expect to have parts of your grills made of stainless steel or at least iron cast or aluminum cast.
These materials will help to keep the device fully functional for a couple of years without being rusty or broken too soon.
Spend a bit of time doing research on the opinion of previous users about your future grilling instrument. We know everything has pros and cons, but if it is really a good choice, 75% of the reviews should be positive.
Are the grills in list suitable for vegetable searing, or too hot?
Yes. Some of them are but not all. If you want to sear veggies, you can opt for any gas grills that have the capacity under 30 thousand BTU, such as the Weber Spirit II E-210 , Solaire Portable Gas Grill – model SOL-IR17B or Napoleon PRO285X-BK TravelQ.
If you go for a higher number, your seared vegetable is likely to be burned out.
Are Weber grills under $500 really that much better?
Yes. Weber seems to put quite a lot of effort into low-price grills. In comparison with most products in that price segment, Weber grills are really that much better!
Is higher BTU better for BBQ?
Higher BTU is not always crucial to BBQ. It only means the fuel will be consumed faster to produce more heat in a shorter time. Therefore, we cannot conclude that higher BTU is better for BBQ.
What is better for grilling propane or natural gas?
If you often grill at home, propane is more inconvenient and more expensive than natural gas. But if you want more portability, a handy propane tank might be preferable.
So we have got a thorough look at the best gas grills under $500 and their important features. We tested and reviewed them very carefully to deliver enough information and knowledge to you.
You can pick from the five recommendations above or use the buying guide to purchase a more appropriate product. Whatsoever, we hope that you will make the right choice.
If you still have something to ask about this topic, comment below to let us know.