Did you ever wonder where did these best shaved ice machines come from?
Believe it or not, the shaved ice dessert we now know is from the Heian period in Japan several centuries ago.
During winter, ice was taken out of the mountains and stored in a particular room. This may sound strange, but during this period, the ice itself was considered rare, so the shaved ice was actually a privilege dedicated to royalty.
Legend has been said that the Roman emperor sent his servants from the mountains to take snow to town, add flavored syrup and create the dessert’s first existence.
Only until 1919, the first snow cone machine was invented by an American man named Samuel Bert and kept being updated until the present days.
Benefits of Shaved Ice Machine
- It’s good for your family’s health.
Are you having a hard time controlling the sweet intakes of your family members, especially your kids?
Kids are always attracted to a sweet dessert, such as ice cream or candy. While you know it is terrible for them to have too much of it, you may not be able to ban them from sweet entirely unless you can provide similar delicious snacks.
Shaved ice dessert is proved to have fewer calories and glucose level than any other snack. Besides, shaved ice is perfect for lactose intolerants who usually have gas, bloating and diarrhea after milk or other dairy products with lactose (such as yogurt).
In general, you can obviously make some wonderful ice cream desserts, such as rashes of ice with assorted syrups, strawberries, cream, and other stuff, for people who cannot digest lactose.
- An exciting dessert to impress your guests.
Typically, we can only serve guests with drinks or ordinary cookies and snacks. Have you ever try to serve them a snow cone?
Unless your guests have teeth sensitivity, let them have a try of your homemade snow cone is not a bad idea. It does not only help your guests to have some refreshment after a long ride to your home, but also be more enjoyable toward your welcoming.
- Economic desserts for your kids.
As mentioned, kids always ask for some type of snacks. You may have to go to the mall and buy a lot of it every time you go shopping, or you may just have to teach them how to use a shaved ice machine, which is much more comfortable.
So, which is the best Shaved Ice Machine to go for?
1. Hawaiian Shaved Ice S900A – Our best seller shaved ice machine
The Hawaiian S900A will be your most compact Hawaiian shave ice machine if you’re looking for a practical way to make snow cones. A modern, black and white ice machine that expresses simplicity but a luxury to your kitchen.
One thing that many users noticed about this device was its simplicity. This ensures that this design is not just the best on the market, but also the easiest one. It uses ice blocks or cubes to provide uniformly shaved ice for your cooling.
Not only that, the system is clean from BPA and the ETL specified guarantees a safe single bit of ice that you and your family love.
This unit provides professional snow, but we may not advise it for commercial applications. Also, if you are going to shave the ice for massive demand, you should reconsider using the other machines instead.
So if you only a most convenient machine that is easy to use even for kids with good value for the price, this Hawaiian Shaved Ice S900A is the one for you!
- Use and clean easily.
- Very cost-effective.
- Very mobile.
- Made freshly fallen snow.
- Not for heavy use.
- Make a little noise.
2. Little Snowie 2 Ice Shaver Premium Shaved Ice Machine with Syrup Samples – Best For a High Investment
When it comes for the highest, yet best investment, Little 2 Snowie is the first of our list since it is made from Snowie LLC, a pioneer in the industry over the years.
Featuring a powerful high-speed motor and hard stainless stainless stainless steel blades, the device can offer you quality fluffy rubble ice within 3 seconds. You just have to turn on the machine and watch it do the rest for you.
Its quality is far beyond any other type of shaved ice machines. The unit comes with a patent from Snowie LLC to further ensure its value for domestic usage. Thus the ice it provides is entirely secure to eat even for young children.
Also, it only needs little storage because of its comfortable width. You will also find it easy to take it around your kitchen to your backyard, office or any other location that you need to refresh yourself.
Unless you are short on budget, this Little Snowie 2 Ice Shaver is highly recommended for long term use.
- Incredible strength to shave the ice real quick.
- Easy to store and move around.
- Suitable for any type of ice.
- Very expensive.
- Make noise.
3. Hawaiian Shaved Ice S700 Snow Cone Machine -Best For a Short Budget
Are you looking for one for your kids to try it out before severe further investment? This Hawaiian model would be the one for you!
The model has a compact design with S700 steel blades, high precision for faster and more efficient shaving. It is adjustable to shave the ice following the desired texture.
Besides, the machine is easy to operate, and the added feature makes it the perfect tool for beginners. The device is equipped with a safety lid; the activator cannot work unless the lid is closed. The blades are also hidden in the ice bucket, making the machine extremely safe even for children.
- Cheap compared to others.
- Easy to use.
- Safe for kids usage.
- Make crunchy snow.
4. Nostalgia RSM602 Countertop Snow Cone Maker Makes – Best for Retro Style Kitchen
Nostalgia’s sixth Retro series offers excellent choices to help you crave perfect and refreshing snow, regardless of the event.
And if you have a retro-style kitchen, the appearance of this model would encourage you most of all. You can agree that this machine is definitely one of the most suitable snow cone machines on the market for domestic use nowadays.
About its ability to make snow, the blades scrape snow into the soft texture you might need. Except for its look-easy-to-break plastic body, the overall experience with the machine would be a fun time for both parents and children.
In case you are more focus on the design along with other regular features of an ice shaver, the Nostalgia RSM602 Countertop Snow Cone Maker would definitely amaze you.
- Easy to use.
- Shaved quickly.
- Benefit your retro kitchen style.
- Easy to break when moving around carelessly.
- Not making so fluffy ice.
5. Cuisinart SCM-10 Snow Cone Maker – Best alternative of the Nostalgia version
The Cuisinart SCM-10, although a bit smaller than the Nostalgia version, nevertheless offers high performance and should quickly fulfill your family’s specifications.
It is a very similar replacement to the Nostalgia Snow Cone Maker. It is also BPA free and safe for health like its relative.
Perhaps the Cuisinart SCM-10 is the best for decoration. Still, it is definitely one of the best home snow cone makers on the market. You will find it incredibly easy and safe to operate.
Not only that, you will be able to make your own frozen lemonades, smoothies, snow cones and other tasty cold drinks with a robust application of shaved ice.
However, there is a unique feature that makes it different from the Nostalgia Snow Cone Maker. It can produce sufficient ice in a single minute for four to five snow cones at once.
It also has a safety feature that makes it safe for even kids to use. The closed ice holder also provides convenience for kids and even adults to not worry about dropping the ice out of the shaver.
Thus, with a little bit higher budget, you will be able to enjoy an even stronger ice shaver like this Cuisinart SCM-10 Snow Cone Maker.
- Very simple to use and keep.
- Make the snow quick and fluffy.
- Durable to use.
- Easy to move it around.
- Easily damaged if careless.
- Higher price than the Nostalgia Snow Cone Maker.
Still unable to decide?
Look out for a suitable Shaved Ice Machine for your own preference!
As you may notice, there are not only five of the above ice shaver available in the market. To make a decision on which shaved machine that is best for you, you can rely on these below criteria.
- Cost : It is recommended to consider the budget you want to spend on a shaved ice machine before looking for one. The reason is that you might be just a first time user with minimal use for family purposess. Investing too much into a well-functioned machine is meaningless, unless you have a luxury life, or to welcome a large number of daily guests.
- Durability : Are you intended to just try out the machine for fun or to use it for an extended period. Depends on your intention, you may want to consider the material made of the device. Metal models more likely than their plastic counterparts to last for longer periods of time. The sturdiness of the blades is also an area to look out for as it may affect how long you can use those blades to shave the ice.
- Ease of use : For family use, the best machines would be ones that have a straightforward operation, from the point of inputting the ice to cleaning the parts after usage. Any devices that make it complicated and tiring for either yourself and your kids during any points of the processes should be reconsidered.
- Ice texture : In case you have strict favor of how things taste, consider the ability to make fluffy snow would be an essential part. Each device with different strength and blades would make the different texture of the ice. Some would be more crunchy, some would be so fluffy!
- Mobility : It is definitely that you may want to serve shaved ice during any parties at your house, either inside or outside.
Thus, the movement of the machine would become a plus for these types of events. It would allow you to have an enjoyable moment with your family without going back and forth just to take the snow cones.
- Wattage : With a short of patience in mind, you may want to select a higher wattage of the motor for your own shaved machine. It would affect the ability of the device to make the snow cones as quick as possible. To let you have a better idea of which models to choose, apart from the mentioned reviews and criteria.
Let’s look at how the machines would actually work.
Even though each device is different in design, they are all included similar parts:
- Protective cover
- The blades
- The motor
- The ice cube holder
- The plate to put the cones or the cups
- Other electronic components to activate the machine
Once turn on, the blades will go deep into the ice cube holder and shaved it constantly and press the shaved ice out of the plate until turned off/finished.
Different machines have different ways to shave the ice. Some may require you to have a specific shape of the ice cube, while others are free of form. This is because of the difference in the ice cube holder as well as the blades reachable area.
For a simple comparison, you just need to check for the differences within these parts of the machines.
Hmm, still worry about how difficult it may be to use and clean a shaved ice machine?
Here are some basic instructions for simple use shaved ice machine !
As we mentioned, there are different designs for different machines, so make sure you read the manual before starting.
How to use .
1. Find the place where you can open the ice cub holder.
2. Input the ice cubes (and some preferable syrup if the machine allows).
3. Put a cone or a cup on the plate.
4. Press the button to start the engine.
5. Hold the lid tightly (in case it does not have the safety function).
6. You may stop after 2-3 minutes if the model does not have a strong motor.
7. Wait until it finishes
8. Take your snowy ice and enjoy it! (You may want some more syrup if needed).
How to clean .
1. Unplug the machine
2. Use a clean cloth soak with hot or cold water to wipe down
3. Use a spray bottle to spray a mixture of vinegar and water solution to clean the blade and any syrup left on the blades.
4. Wipe down once more.
5. Let it dry until next use.
Avoid using soap
Do not put the device into water
Be careful when cleaning the blades.
Are you ready to get the best shaved ice machine now? Do not miss another fun season with your family. Get your own snow cones maker today!