You might have tried cheese and minced meat with spaghetti. You might also have tried nuts with minced meat. But have you ever tried a blend of minced meat, nuts and cheese? I am sure, not!
Lasagna is liked by people all over the world. It is mostly made with tomato sauce but I will be making it with white sauce. White sauce gives it a unique cheesy flavor which is quite different from the tomato sauce.
Ingredients for Lasagna
Lasagna noodles: 8-9 noodles
Oil: 1 tablespoon
Clarified Butter: 1 tablespoon
Onion: 1 medium sized (finely chopped)
Ground meat: 500 grams approximately
Salt: 1 ½ teaspoons
Pepper: ½ teaspoon
Cinnamon powder: 1 tablespoon
Nutmeg: ½ teaspoon
Ground cloves: ¼ teaspoon
Pine nuts or almonds (whatever you prefer) ¼ cup
Mozzarella cheese: 1 cup (grated)
Fresh parsley: 2 tablespoons (chopped)
Ingredients for Sauce
Butter: 2 tablespoons
All-purpose flour: 3 tablespoons
Salt: 1 teaspoon
Pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
Milk: 2 cups
- Let’s roast the almonds first. Grease a baking tray, place almonds in it and bake for five minutes. The oven temperature should be 350 degrees.
- Let the almonds cool down and then crush them.
- Don’t make them very small.
- Boil water in a large skillet. Add 1 tablespoon oil and a pinch of salt. Put in the Lasagna noodles and boil for 90 seconds.
- Take them out of water and spread in a dish. Grease them with a little oil if you feel like they will stick with the tray.
- I am using beef for my dish. You can use whatever you like (mutton, lamb meat or pork). Grind the meat in the meat grinder. You can also use a meat processor. It also gives you a good textured meat.
- Melt butter in a pan, add chopped onion and fry. Let the onion be golden brown.
- Next, put in the ground meat and add salt, nutmeg, pepper, cinnamon and cloves.
- Cook till the meat is no longer pink and the water in it has dried out.
- Till the meat gets cooked, let’s make sauce.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Put flour in it and cook. Add salt and pepper and blend well.
- Add milk slowly and bring to boil. Cook for a minute more and let it become thick.
- Remove from flame and add 1/3rd cup cheese in it. Mix well.
- Remove cooked mince meat from heat and dish out.
- Add roasted and crushed almonds and fresh parsley and mix.
- Place four Lasagna noodles in a baking tray. Spread cooked minced meat over it.
- Spread 1/3rd cup cheese over it.
- Place another layer of four Lasagna noodles above it.
- Again, spread minced meat over it.
- Pour white sauce above it.
- Spread the remaining cheese at the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated oven.
Serve hot with your favorite drink.