I was sitting in the lawn last evening having my tea with some cookies and I went far away in my thoughts. I was thinking that there must be many hundreds of cookies that I have eaten throughout my life! Have you ever noticed that cookies (or you may call the biscuits) are a part of almost every occasion!
Not only the occasions, the evening tea seems incomplete without cookies and so does the tea party for some friends. Since there is a huge market for this snack, so a lot of brands offer a huge variety of cookies. They come in chocolate, vanilla, lemon, strawberry, butter cream and many other flavors.
You will also find custom-made cookies out there in the market. These include Christmas cookies, birthday cookies, ginger bread man cookies and the like. These come with royal icing frosting. I will share the recipe of royal icing frosting with ou some other day. It is made with different consistencies.
Many people bake their own cookies at home. Bakers like me know a lot of recipes for cookies but today I will be sharing a recipe with you have never tried before. These cookies just melt into your mouth the moment you take a bite. I really love their taste and these are among my favorite ones.
All purpose flour: 2 cups
Grinded sugar: 3/4th cup
Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
Melted butter at room temperature: 1 cup
Grinded cardamom: 1 teaspoon
Egg yolk for brushing: 1 yolk
- Sift all purpose flour and baking powder together thrice.
- Add grinded cardamom to sugar and mix it with the flour.
- Gradually add melted butter and knead.
- Make a soft dough which can easily be shaped as shown in the images.
- Tip: Freeze the dough for 10 minutes so that it becomes a bit firm and does not stick to hand.
- Take the dough out and give it any shape of cookies that you like.
- You can also roll it out and give it shape using cutters.
- Brush the cookies with egg yolk.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree Celsius or 360 degree Fahrenheit.
- Take out of the oven and let them cool down before you serve.
- You can also store them in an air tight container for later use.